Those with thin eyebrows need not worry anymore! Eyebrow tattoos are the right thing for you. Eyebrow tattoo is an ideal choice for those with thin eyebrows, eyebrows that do not grow back, and those who have over-plucked their eyebrows.
Eyebrow tattoos are not just a fashion statement; these have helped in bringing back the confidence of those who lost their eyebrow hair area due to chemotherapy, burns, accidents, lack of vitamins, and more.
The techniques of eyebrow tattoos involve micro-blading, etching, feathering, etc., In general scenarios, with the support of a tattoo machine and a tattoo pen, the hair is carefully drawn and is made as good as new.
The process involves drawing the hair where they are missing and make it look as good as real. We shall check in detail about these ahead. For now, let’s begin with the few basics that most people search on the web.
How Long Do Eyebrow Tattoos Last?
Eyebrow tattoos stay with you for a lifetime. If you are going for the micro-blading technique, the ink will not penetrate deep inside the skin.
Thus, the tattoo will stick to your skin and last for 18 to 30 months. Eyebrow tattoos are not an easy thing to deal with. You have to be careful in pre-care and post-care of eyebrow tattoos.
At first, the color of your eyebrows on tattooing will look darker. It will take 3 days to settle and then finally the tattoo will start looking natural on your eyebrow area. In some cases and semi-permanent tattoos, you may have to do a re-touch every year.
If you consider the period of healing, your eyebrows will soften by 30-50% in 10 days and then start fading slowly. It will take up to 6 to 8 weeks for the eyebrow tattoo to look natural.
To end this sub-section, let us also share that it also depends on your immune system. Certain skin types will also let the eyebrow tattoos stay longer than others.
Does eyebrow tattoo look natural?
That’s the only flaw in eyebrow tattoos; these do not look natural. But, if you compare the skin with no or minimal hair, eyebrow tattoos add to your beauty and confidence.
You got to be careful with micro-blading especially. It is due to the ink that fades and develops artificial looks.
If you are conscious of your looks, then micro-blading is a better option as the process is designed to go lighter giving a more natural look.
If you are confused between what is micro-blading and eyebrow tattooing, allow us to help you give the basic understand and differences between the two. This will make it easier for you to understand.
Difference between Micro-blading and Eyebrow Tattooing
Micro-blading involves an aesthetician that ensures you get natural and fuller eyebrow looks. Your skin is numbed with numbing cream and tiny incisions are drawn in the eyebrows that are missing.
Furthermore, the incisions drawn are filled with pigment to add natural looks. Micro-blading is a painless process compared to eyebrow tattooing.
Micro-blading lasts for 1 to 2 years depending on your care. You may choose to go for re-touches to make the eyebrows stay longer.
Eyebrow tattooing can be related to the typical tattoo process that you would choose for any other part of your body too.
It is something a professional tattoo artist will perform for you. With the support of a needle, the ink is penetrated into your skin making layers and adding to the eyebrow design.
In this process too, the colors may fade and the eyebrow lines may blur with time too however, the tattoo will be permanent.
It depends on you what process you go for but, let’s share a few facts and factors to help you make a rational decision for eyebrow tattooing:
Eyebrow tattooing is a permanent decision compared to micro-blading. Once you tattoo the eyebrow ink, it will get blur or may fade but will stay for life. You may have to undergo tattoo removal treatments to get rid of eyebrow tattoos.
Ink and pigment
Micro-blading pigments are available in organic and inorganic. As micro-blading ink starts to fade, the eyebrow tattoo looks lighter sustaining the tone.
This is intentional so that the person gets a natural-looking eyebrow design. On the other side, tattoo inks are used for eyebrow tattooing. Tattoo ink is different from pigment in micro-blading. Tattoo ink stays for a lifetime but fails to give natural looks.
Tools used to perform the eyebrow design
In micro-blading, only the upper layer of the skin is cut with the help of a blade. Thus, less damage is caused to the deeper layers of the skin. It also makes the recovery faster.
On the other side, eyebrow tattooing is performed with needles and machines. The process involves penetrating the ink into the deeper layers of the skin. Thus, the process becomes permanent.
Pros and Cons of Micro-blading
Pros of Micro-blading:
- Micro-blading is far less painful compared to the other methods for eyebrow tattoos.
- The recovery is sooner and so the process saves time on recovery too.
- A Micro-blading eyebrow tattoo gives you natural looks and doesn’t change the color.
Cons of Micro-blading tattooing:
- One needs touch-ups as the pigment fades and blurs with time.
- Micro-blading eyebrow tattoos are semi-permanent.
- The process is expensive than the other methods.
Pros and Cons of Eyebrow Tattooing
Pros of Eyebrow tattooing
- Eyebrow tattooing is permanent in nature.
- Eyebrow tattoos are less expensive compared to micro-blading eyebrow tattoos.
- These are ideal for fuller eyebrows and lifetime results.
Cons of Eyebrow tattooing
- The recovery time is longer as the ink is deeply penetrated to the skin.
- You may have to go for re-touches to sustain the tattoo as it will fade with time.
- The ink has higher chances of bleeding and the color may change over time as well.
Cost of eyebrow tattooing
The cost of eyebrow tattooing may range from $50 to $800. It also depends on the process, location, center you choose. Let us remind you that eyebrow tattooing is not an economical decision.
It involves good money no matter what method you choose. The US market will charge you high for eyebrow tattooing.
Don’t forget the retouches cost good money too. Unless you need to go for eyebrow tattooing and if you have good finance backup, go for it without a second thought.
Find out more about the tattoo centers and clinics in your location. Compare the cost and choose what is feasible for you.
4 Different Methods to Lighten Eyebrow Tattoos
It is very much possible to lighten eyebrow tattoos. Below listed are a few techniques and procedures that can help you lighten your eyebrow tattoo.
1. Saline Solution Method
Check with a professional if a saline solution can help you make your eyebrows lighter. The treatment needs several sessions and there are chances you may face bruises, soreness, and bleeding post the treatment. Moreover, the results may be evident in 2 to 4 months.
2. Laser Process
Laser treatment is also an alternative to fade or lighten eyebrows. The laser may cause scarring more the treatment near your brow area. Again, laser treatment also involves several sessions for better results.
3. Chemical Treatment
A professional peel is also a good lighting option for eyebrow tattoos. However, you may have to consult a professional help for the same. Check with a good esthetician.
The treatment involves removing the upper layers of the skin to make the eyebrow tattoo lighter. This needs to be consulted with a health expert as the process can cause damage to the skin.
4. Microdermabrasion Technique
A microdermabrasion treatment is also an option to lighten eyebrow tattoos. To make your eyebrows look lighter, you may need to undergo several microdermabrasion sessions. Your eyebrow skin is treated under the microdermabrasion process to treat the eyebrow tattoo.
It usually takes 7 days to a month in case of micro-blading tattoos for the eyebrow tattoo to lighten up. If you wait and watch for the final results, it would be great.
DOs and DON’T’s Before and After Getting Eyebrow Tattoo
Let’s get to the before and aftercare of getting eyebrow tattoos. These are essential tips to help you enjoy the results last longer.
Eyebrow Tattoo Pre-care (Dos and Don’ts)
Go for a general health check to ensure your blood pressure and blood sugar levels are intact.
- Avoid any makeup especially around the eyebrow area.
- Refrain from alcohol intake 24 hours before the eyebrow tattoo session. Alcohol is known to make the blood thinner and cause skin sensitivity. Thus, the skin is likely to bleed.
- Stay away from medicines or drugs that involve blood thinning. Few examples are sleeping pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, and more…
- Avoid waxing 2 weeks before to the treatment
- Avoid any skin medications and acne medications at least for a year if you intend to get an eyebrow tattoo.
- Consult an expert before beginning with the process.
Eyebrow Tattoo Aftercare (Dos and Don’ts)
- Gently wash your eyebrows for the first 7 days.
- Gentle eyebrow washes will help to remove any build-up of bacteria and dead skin.
- Use gentle face washes and face creams only.
- Dry the eyebrows completely and apply a good aftercare cream with a cotton swab.
- Avoid over-applying any face cream or makeup.
- Keep your tattoo dry as much as you can.
- Do not work out for the first 7 days post your eyebrow tattoo. The sweat may be bad for your fresh eyebrow tattoo.
- Do not sleep with your face downwards for 7 days from the tattoo.
- Avoid sunburns, sunbathing, and sunscreen lotions until 7 days.
- Avoid hot showers, bathtubs, and swimming for 14 days.
- Say no to botox, chemicals, strong medication, and facials at the salon for 4 weeks.
- Do not scrub, rub, or scratch the eyebrow area as it will lead to scarring and loss of color.
How can I remove eyebrow tattoo naturally?
Try salt removal if you wish to remove your eyebrow tattoo naturally. The process is widely followed and simple to try. Apply salt to the epidermis and remove with gentle exfoliation.
This will draw the permanent ink pigments out of your skin. Salt treatment will take some sessions to give final results. You may also need to follow certain precautions as suggested by the expert.
Salt therapy can cause scarring and roughen the skin too so you got to be careful. Some have also complained of hypo-pigmentation of the skin. However, the salt method is still considered to be safe and natural to remove eyebrow tattoos naturally.
Micro-blading and eyebrow tattooing have their advantages and disadvantages. Seeking professional support will help you make a rational decision. They will check your skin type and other factors before guiding you on the right method for eyebrow tattooing.
Perhaps, checking the reviews online from clients in the past is also a wise thing. Check their pictures and feedback on the respective treatments. For any other confusions or queries#, take support of the web or visit your nearest center.