One of the most important pieces of equipment that you will require for making your tattoos detailed and precise is a tattoo stencil printer. These machines will print out your desired design onto a tattoo transfer sheet, which you will place on the skin and it will give you the outline of the tattoo exactly where you want it.
Usually, most of these printers are thermal printers and they are quite easy to use. We recommend every tattoo artist invest in one of these machines to save you time and give you the most control over your designs.
Table of Contents
- 1 List of Top 5 Tattoo Stencil Machines: By Best Feature
- 2 Buyer Guide: Important Things to Consider Before Buying a Tattoo Stencil Transfer Machine
- 3 Top 5 Best Tattoo Transfer Printers
- 4 Comparison of above 5 Tattoo Stencil Machines
- 5 FAQs:
- 5.1 Q. Can I use any printer for my tattoo stencils?
- 5.2 Q. Is there a special type of thermal printer for tattoos?
- 5.3 Q. What type of paper can I print my stencils on?
- 5.4 Q. Is it difficult to use a Tattoo stencil printer?
- 5.5 Q. How many times can I use my Tattoo stencil Printer?
- 5.6 Q. Do I need to change anything on my tattoo stencil printer?
List of Top 5 Tattoo Stencil Machines: By Best Feature
Buyer Guide: Important Things to Consider Before Buying a Tattoo Stencil Transfer Machine
1. Depth of printing
Most tattoo stencil printers have two depth settings, one for lighter lines and one for deeper lines. While printing detailed designs it is always better to use the higher setting, while for simpler designs the low setting is more ideal.
The thermal printers do not miss any spot so you do not have to worry too much about the depth.
2. Mirror function
Traditional printers did not have a mirror function, however, these thermal printers meant for tattoo stencils offer a mirror print setting making it easy for the artist to print out the design easily.
Earlier artists would have to make the design mirrored so that when the transfer paper is applied, the design would be correct, but nowadays you do not have to go through the hassle anymore as the printer itself offers this service.
3. Print size
Most tattoo transfer printers can only work on A4 paper. Some of them also print smaller sizes such as A5. Usually, tattoo transfer machines do not work for a paper that is larger than A4 size. So if you want to print a bigger design you would have to use two separate papers.
4. Print resolution
Always buy a tattoo transfer machine that has high-resolution prints. Without high resolution you cannot get clear images, so always make sure that the tattoo transfer machine prints in high resolution. 200 dpi is the standard printing resolution.
Tattoo artists usually do not want a machine that cannot be moved, so portability is a big feature that needs to be considered. Any machine that weighs within 2 to 3 kilos is portable.
A portable machine means you can move it according to your need and do not have to worry about moving a huge weight every time.
Top 5 Best Tattoo Transfer Printers
1. Life Basis Tattoo Stencil Transfer Machine
Best For: Mirror function
Life Basis Tattoo Stencil Transfer Machine is excellent for printing any tattoo stencil. The mirror function is a default setting on this stencil machine and so you do not have to worry about reversing your image while printing out the design.
In case you do not want your stencil to be mirrored, there is also a normal setting. If you choose the normal setting the picture will be printed as it is and so you will get a reversed image on the skin.
Key Features and Specifications of Life Basis Tattoo Stencil Transfer Machine
- It copies any design that you want and it only takes a few seconds to do so.
- It is not too heavy, so it can be moved easily.
- You can print both A4 and A5 size papers with this machine. So you do not waste any stencil paper.
- It does not require inks or bulbs making it easy and convenient to use.
Pros and Cons of Life Basis Tattoo Stencil Transfer Machine
- It does not need any maintenance, as it is an inkless printer.
- There is an error indicator that helps you prevent any jamming in the printer.
- The printer can mirror the design as well as copy it normally, so you have more control over your design.
- There is a slight chance that the design may not come out perfect every time.
Why do we recommend Life Basis Tattoo Stencil Transfer Machine?
The best feature of this Tattoo Stencil Printer is its mirror setting. While other printers also have this feature, on this printer, it is the default setting and you do not have to worry about mirroring your image. This way you get perfect stencils every time.
2. BMX Tattoo Transfer Machine
Best For: Durability
BMX Tattoo Transfer Machine is very efficient as it prints high quality stencils without any skips or blots. It prints fast, and does so at a low heat so you do not have to worry about damaging the machine.
It is also quite lightweight, so if you want to relocate it, you can do so easily. You also get two to choose from two deepness settings, which means you can copy from both photos as well as hand drawn designs.
Key Features and Specifications of MX Tattoo Transfer Machine
- This tattoo stencil printing machine features the mirror function, which makes the work of the tattoo artist much easier.
- There is a Stop button, which is useful for making sure that you do not waste any paper. It is also great for an emergency, when the paper may get stuck.
- You can print on two types of papers, A4 and A5.
- You can copy any design you want.
Pros and Cons of MX Tattoo Transfer Machine
- The machine is durable, as it has overload protection.
- You can print on different sizes of paper.
- It is only 1.6 kgs, so it is easy to relocate it.
- It can overheat, so you have to keep it off for some time.
Why do we recommend MX Tattoo Transfer Machine?
This tattoo stencil printer is made from high quality ABS plastic, which makes it very durable. It also has protection against overheating, so your machine will not get damaged easily.
If you use the machine properly, then this machine will last you a long time. So if you are looking for a durable machine, this is the best one.
3. TATELF Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine Thermal Copier
Value for money
TATELF Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine is a very durable and strongly built machine. It is not only efficient but also affordable. This tattoo stencil printer has all the necessary features such as the mirror function and two different deepness settings.
The stencil printer machine is very useful for copying hand-drawn designs as well as printed designs.
Key Features and Specifications of TATELF Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine
- This machine is made in a special way which prevents it from overheating.
- If used correctly, this machine will last you a long time.
- It is compatible with a voltage of 110V to 240V.
- You can transfer any design of your choice, whether it is hand-drawn or printed.
Pros and Cons of TATELF Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine
- This machine is affordable, making it great for anyone who is on a budget.
- It is easy to use and it saves you a lot of time.
- The machine does not overheat easily.
- It makes a slightly loud noise while printing.
Why do we recommend TATELF Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine?
This Tattoo Stencil Printer machine is affordable yet has all the best qualities. If you have a budget, then this is the perfect tattoo stencil printing machine for you.
It has a mirror function, it has two deepness settings and it gives you a good quality print, which is why it is a very good value for money product.
4. Zinnor Portable Tattoo Printer Machine
Best For: Print Size
Zinnor Portable Tattoo Printer Machine is a great device for every tattoo artist. The best feature of this machine is its ability to print on multiple sizes of papers. You can use both A4 size paper as well as A5 size paper.
This makes sure that you do not waste any transfer paper and you can use one paper multiple times. This printer can copy both hand drawn designs as well as printed designs.
Key Features and Specifications of Zinnor Portable Tattoo Printer Machine
- This Machine can print both hand-drawn, as well as printed images.
- It is made of high-quality material and it will last you a few years.
- The prints are made fast, which helps you save a lot of time.
- This Stencil printer can print on A4 as well as A5 size paper.
Pros and Cons of Zinnor Portable Tattoo Printer Machine
- Two different sizes of paper are accepted by this printer.
- The printer can copy hand drawn designs, making the artist’s work easier.
- It is durable and it will last you a long time.
- It makes a slightly loud noise while printing.
Why do we recommend Zinnor Portable Tattoo Printer Machine?
As mentioned before, the most important part of this Printer is that it can print on both A4 and A5 size paper, therefore you can save a lot of paper if you do not need it right away.
You can print smaller or bigger images on different papers as well. Overall it is a great tattoo stencil printer with great features.
5. ATOMUS Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine Copier Printer
Best For: Deepness settings
ATOMUS Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine is easy to use, as you simply have to feed the design you want to print through the machine, and the stencil paper through the other side.
The print is produced without any skips or errors. The machine has a mirror function, as well as two deepness settings, so you can choose your design freely.
Key Features and Specifications of ATOMUS Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine
- You can print on any type of transfer paper, no need to buy any special type of stencil paper.
- The machine is made from high quality plastic materials, making it quite durable.
- You can print any type of linework. Heavy shading may not appear well.
- This machine does not overheat easily, so you can be assured that no damage will happen to your machine.
Pros and Cons of ATOMUS Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine
- You can print on both A4 and A5 papers.
- You can choose from two different deepness settings.
- The machine can also mirror your design, making it convenient.
- It is a bit heavy, so it is harder to relocate.
Why do we recommend ATOMUS Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine?
This tattoo stencil printer has two distinct deepness settings, which means you can print your designs at two different settings.
If you have a very detailed design, then you should use the deepness 2 setting, but if you have a less detailed design then you can use the deepness 1 setting. So if you want a machine that has a lot of settings, this is the best one for you.
Comparison of above 5 Tattoo Stencil Machines
|Weight||Mirror Function||Deepness settings||Durability|
|Life Basis Tattoo Stencil Transfer Machine||1.1 Kg||Yes||2 Settings||Durable|
|BMX Tattoo Transfer Machine||1.6 Kg||Yes||2 Settings||Durable|
|TATELF Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine Thermal Copier||1.6 Kg||Yes||2 Settings||Very Durable|
|Zinnor Portable Tattoo Printer Machine||1.8 Kg||Yes||2 Settings||Durable|
|ATOMUS Tattoo Transfer Stencil Machine||2 Kg||Yes||2 Settings||Durable|
A tattoo stencil printer is an incredibly helpful tool for every tattoo artist. Although you may be able to print your tattoo stencils using a normal printer such as an inkjet printer or a dot matrix printer, these machines are not made for the purpose of tattoo stencils, hence they are not ideal.
Thermal tattoo printers are convenient and easy to use. You can use any regular tattoo stencil paper with them and so you do not need to worry about buying any special paper.
If you are a tattoo artist and you still do not own a tattoo stencil machine, it is time to get one! You can choose from our list of some of the best tattoo stencil printers and get started.
Q. Can I use any printer for my tattoo stencils?
Ans. No, only thermal printers can be used for printing tattoo stencils.
Q. Is there a special type of thermal printer for tattoos?
Ans. Yes, tattoo stencils need to be printed on stencil paper, so you need to buy a thermal printer that supports stencil paper.
Q. What type of paper can I print my stencils on?
Ans. You are required to purchase stencil paper for tattoo stencils.
Q. Is it difficult to use a Tattoo stencil printer?
Ans. No, the instructions are easy to follow and it is easy to use.
Q. How many times can I use my Tattoo stencil Printer?
Ans. Thermal printers do not require ink, so you can use it as long as you have stencil paper to use.
Q. Do I need to change anything on my tattoo stencil printer?
Ans. No, these are inkless printers, hence you do not need to change anything in these printers.