In the modern age, almost every electronic device is going wireless. This is also true for tattoo machines. No one likes to deal with long tangled wires and so we see several tattoo machines that are now wireless.
Wireless tattoo machines allow the user more flexibility and more space, along with comfort. These machines are improving day by day, and we already have some amazing machines on the market. In this article, we will discuss the different wireless tattoo machines and how they work.
List of Top 5 Wireless Tattoo Machines: By Best Feature
Buyer Guide: Important Things to Consider Before Buying a Wireless Tattoo Machine
While working with any Tattoo machine, it is important to make sure that it is not too heavy. This also applies to Wireless tattoo machines. Most wireless machines are usually lightweight, so tattoo artists can work with them without getting tired.
The lightweight nature of these machines makes sure that your hands do not feel much strain even after a long day of work. The wireless battery is usually what weighs a lot, and the longer the battery works, the heavier it usually is.
So, if you do not want a very heavy battery, go for a machine with lower working hours. In that case, you may want to buy multiple batteries for backup.
2. Charging Time and Working Time
Each wireless power supply or battery will require a certain amount of time to charge fully. It usually varies between 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours. After charging, the battery will provide power to your machine for a certain amount of time, which is often called working time.
The working time for a machine may vary anywhere between 3 hours to 8 hours. Usually the bigger the battery, the longer it lasts, so always check the mAh of your battery and also check the work time.
3. Motor and Rotation Speed
The rotation speed of a tattoo machine depends upon its motor. Usually, most pen-style machines have coreless motors, which means there is way less noise and the needle is much more stable.
The coreless motors also make these machines very powerful and so these machines usually have an RPM of 9000 or above. A higher RPM makes sure that your needle strokes are much softer, and there is less impact on the skin. It promotes better healing of the skin after the tattoo is done.
4. Power Supply Control Buttons
The Power Supply is responsible for the voltage of the machine. So, the power supply usually comes equipped with a few buttons that are responsible for the voltage changes. You will find three buttons, one for power, the other two for increasing or reducing the voltages.
5. LED Screen
Many of the new models of wireless tattoo machines come equipped with a LED screen that shows the voltage that the machine is working on. It may also show the battery status and the work time.
The LED screen makes it much easier to work with wireless machines. So if your wireless machine has a LED screen, it is always a good feature.
6. Voltage Settings
Some wireless power supplies or batteries come with specific voltage options, while some others come with a high range of voltage to choose from. So you may find 5 or 6 voltage settings or have buttons to increase or decrease the voltages.
The voltage determines the speed of the machine, however, if you go over the recommended voltage, you may damage the machine, so always make sure to be within the safe range of voltage.
Top 5 Best Wireless Tattoo Machines
1. Hawink Rotary Tattoo Machine Pen Kit
Best For: Value for Money
Hawink Rotary Tattoo Machine is an ergonomic and compact Tattoo machine that gives you full control over your work. It comes with a wireless power supply as well, which sits on top of the machine perfectly.
This machine is also known as “the corn” due to its shape, but this shape makes it very comfortable to work with this machine. The wireless power supply charges in about 2.5 hours and it keeps the machine running for more than 3 hours at a time.
Key Features and Specifications of Hawink Rotary Tattoo Machine
- The wireless tattoo machine as well as the power supply is very lightweight, so you do not have to worry about straining your arms.
- This machine has a coreless motor, which means it run more smoothly and lasts a lot longer.
- The wireless power supply fully charges in about 2.5 hours and it provides over 3 hours of work time.
- 5 voltage levels are provided on the power supply, which allows you to change the speed of the machine.
Pros and Cons of Hawink Rotary Tattoo Machine
- The voltage levels are optimum for the machine, so there is no chance of overload.
- Wireless Power supply attaches seamlessly with the machine, so there is zero hassle.
- This Wireless Pen style machine has a needle depth of 3mm, which is optimum.
- The machine does not have a firm grip, so you will have to use grip tape.
Our Opinion on Hawink Rotary Tattoo Machine
This machine paired with the wireless battery performs really well. The battery lasts for about 4 hours with each charge, which is the standard. The machine itself is high quality, and it has a high RPM as well.
So, we can say that this wireless tattoo machine is value-for-money. You also get a pack of needles and a grip tape with the machine, so it is a really good deal. So, if you are looking for a wireless tattoo machine that is of premium quality, this is the best for one you.
2. Mast Tour Rotary Pen Machine
Best For: Lightweight
Mast Tour Rotary Pen Machine is known for its small size and its compact design. When paired with the wireless power supply, this machine becomes quite powerful and much easier to use.
The wireless power supply attaches directly to the top of the machine and powers it for up to 6 hours. The long working time means you do not have to worry for a whole day. The Pen Style tattoo machine is equipped with a Japanese coreless motor, which creates a smooth work experience.
Key Features and Specifications of Mast Tour Rotary Pen Machine
- The machine weighs only 82 grams and the power supply is also quite lightweight. This means the total setup weighs less than 200grams.
- There are five different voltage settings on the wireless power supply that you can change very easily.
- The wireless power supply uses a type-C cable for charging, and it charges completely in about 3 hours.
- The needle depth on this machine can be easily changed by simply rotating the top of the machine.
Pros and Cons of Mast Tour Rotary Pen Machine
- Due to the compatibility of the power supply and the tattoo machine, there is no risk of overloading.
- A lightweight setup is great for long working hours.
- The power supply gives 6 hours of work time, which is quite high.
- The shape of the machine attached to the power supply is not ergonomic, or comfortable.
Our Opinion on Mast Tour Rotary Pen Machine
This wireless tattoo machine is only 82 grams in weight making it one of the most lightweight machines on the market. Having a lightweight tattoo machine makes it easier on your arms, and helps you work for hours on end.
A lightweight machine is always preferred over a heavy machine by most tattoo artists, so with this machine, you get that comfort easily. Hence, if you prefer comfort over everything else, this is the perfect machine for you.
3. Mast Archer Wireless Tattoo Machine
Best For: Compact Design
Mast Archer Wireless Tattoo Machine is a bit different from the previous machines, because it does not have a separate wireless power supply, but rather it works on batter that is built-in. It charges fully in 2 hours and it can provide up to 8 hours of work time.
The machine also has a LED screen that displays the voltage that it is running on. The lightweight and efficient design make it a great machine for every tattoo artist.
Key Features and Specifications of Mast Archer Wireless Tattoo Machine
- An in-built battery makes this tattoo machine completely wireless and makes sure that you never have to worry about attaching anything to it.
- It charges fully in 2 hours using a Type – C cable and gives you 8 hours of work time, which means it will last a whole day.
- It features a powerful motor that is capable of working at 10500RPM.
- This machine also features a LED screen that displays the voltage of the machine.
Pros and Cons of Mast Archer Wireless Tattoo Machine
- The 2000mAh battery lasts you a whole day, which is very impressive.
- This machine produces soft strokes, which makes the healing process much quicker.
- It weighs only 186grams, and it has a 32mm diameter, making it easy to hold.
- You need an additional grip as it is quite slippery.
Our Opinion on Mast Archer Wireless Tattoo Machine
This wireless tattoo machine has a very compact design and that makes it very easy to use. You do not have to replace any battery, and the machine is in one piece. Since the battery lasts almost 8 hours, there is no need to recharge it within a day.
The compact design also makes this machine quite lightweight and easy to use. You get a few grips along with the machine, so holding it and working with it is very comfortable. In summary, if you are looking for a compact wireless tattoo machine, this is the one for you.
4. Ambition Rotary Tattoo Battery Wireless Machine
Best For: Excellent LED Display
Ambition Rotary Tattoo Battery Wireless Machine is a battery-operated tattoo machine that can be charged directly with a USB-C cable. The best part about this machine is that the body can easily be detached from the battery part, and both parts can be replaced easily.
The battery needs only 2.5 hours of charge, and it lasts for up to 8 hours! It has a powerful motor and the built quality is quite high. Overall, it is a great wireless tattoo machine that will satisfy all artists.
Key Features and Specifications of Ambition Rotary Tattoo Battery Wireless Machine
- It features a Japanese coreless motor, which works at 9000RPM, making it a powerful machine.
- The battery is 1950mAh, which provides power to the machine for 6 to 8 hours.
- This machine has a stroke length of 3.5mm, which promotes better healing of the tattoo.
- The battery part of the machine features a LED screen that displays the work time, output voltage, and battery usage.
Pros and Cons of Ambition Rotary Tattoo Battery Wireless Machine
- The battery has several buttons to turn it on and control the voltage.
- A LED screen is a great inclusion for this machine.
- The high-capacity battery makes sure that you do not run out of battery quickly.
- It is a bit heavy, so your hands may get tired.
Our Opinion on Ambition Rotary Tattoo Battery Wireless Machine
This Wireless Tattoo machine has a very good LED screen on the battery part. The screen not only shows the voltage of the machine that it is working on, but it also shows the battery level as well as the working time.
This screen is extremely helpful to tattoo artists as it means they can easily understand when the battery is low and determine when to charge it. Hence, If are looking for a wireless tattoo machine with a great LED screen, this is the best one.
5. RHEIN Wireless Tattoo Machine
Best For: Efficient Motor
RHEIN Wireless Tattoo Machine is made from aviation aluminum and it has a very ergonomic design. The body is aesthetic yet slim, making it easy to grip and to work with.
The battery part of this machine attaches seamlessly with the tattoo machine with magnetic technology, this minimizes the risk of damaging the machine.
The battery also features a LED screen along with buttons for changing the voltage of the machine. This machine is sure to make any tattoo artist happy.
Key Features and Specifications of RHEIN Wireless Tattoo Machine
- A LED Screen along with the control buttons make this machine very easy to use.
- It takes about 2 hours to charge fully and it works for up to 4 hours continuously.
- The battery itself is easy to replace, as it is attached using magnets. You can use two batteries for a full day of work.
- It features a Japanese coreless motor, that is powerful yet very silent.
Pros and Cons of RHEIN Wireless Tattoo Machine
- The battery is easy to attach and replace.
- A set of buttons is very useful for changing the voltage of the machine.
- It can charge vis Type C cable and takes only 2 hours to charge completely.
- It gives you only 4 hours of work time.
Our Opinion on RHEIN Wireless Tattoo Machine
This wireless tattoo machine has one of the best coreless motors on the market. It features a Japanese motor, which is known for its superior quality. This motor is capable of working at a high speed, and the best part is that it is silent.
The motor makes sure that the machine does not vibrate a lot, which ensures a steady needle. This produces soft strokes, which promote better skin healing after the tattoo is done.
RHEIN Wireless Tattoo Machine is the one for you if you are searching for a wireless tattoo machine with efficient motor.
Comparison of Above Listed 5 Wireless Tattoo Machines
|Weight||LED Screen||Charging Time||Working Time||Replaceable Battery|
|Hawink Rotary Tattoo Machine Pen Kit||140g||No||2.5 hours||3.5 hours||Yes|
|Mast Tour Rotary Pen Machine||82g||No||3 hours||6 hours||Yes|
|Mast Archer Wireless Tattoo Machine||186g||Yes||2 hours||8 hours||No|
|Ambition Rotary Tattoo Battery Wireless Machine||220g||Yes||2 hours||8 hours||Yes|
|RHEIN Wireless Tattoo Machine||194g||Yes||2 hours||4.5 hours||Yes|
Wireless technology is getting better and better with each passing year, and that holds true even for Tattoo machines. Going wireless means more freedom to move around, no tangled wires, and a lot less hassle.
Wireless Tattoo machines can usually work between 4 to 6 hours continuously and if you have a spare wireless power supply, then you do not have to worry at all.
Wireless Tattoo machines are also quite efficient at what they do, so you do not have to worry about performance. So, whether you are a budding tattoo artist or an expert in the field, we highly recommend you to switch to wireless machines, as they have the potential to change your career!
Q. Is Wireless Machines heavier?
Yes, they do weigh slightly more than a wired machine, however, they are not any heavier than a traditional tattoo gun.
Q. How long can I work with a wireless power supply?
Most wireless power supplies work for 4 to 6 hours.
Q. How do I re-charge my wireless power supply?
Usually, a charging cable is included in the box that you can connect to any standard charging brick, to charge your wireless power supply.
Q. Are wireless Machines slower?
No, they are just as powerful as wired machines, there is no need to worry about performance.
Q. Can I still attach a foot pedal to my machine?
No, most wireless power supplies do not have a port for a foot pedal, because it is not needed at all.
Q. Can I change the voltage on my wireless Tattoo machine?
Yes, most wireless power supplies have voltage adjustment buttons.